"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Enough

  As I have been thinking and praying about getting more involved in human trafficking and street ministry here in Seattle, the more I begin to wonder... not what I have to offer, because I know what that is! But everything about this concept of human trafficking and selling sex is something that I have been extremely blessed to have had zero experience in! I've always used my personal testimony as a means to minister, and sure I've been through a lot, but is it enough? Is it relatable? Testimony is powerful because of the power of God. Am I saying that's not enough?


  Maybe I am.


  In that case, I should get over myself and allow God to use me and speak through me, and regardless of what I have to say it WILL MATTER because of the power of God. Maybe because the rumors I've heard of girls getting repeatedly beaten and abused, emotionally attached to the men who are pimping them out, are actually true. I'm a hands-on type of person. I want to be out there, where the action is. But I fear the unknown. I don't trust myself not to break down. The cry of injustice is too strong not to react. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe it's a significant sign of strength rather than weakness.

1 comment:

  1. I hear that Mars Hill in Seattle is speaking out on human trafficking. Here in Tacoma some of us at Timothy Ministries and PSCC are working on putting an anti-trafficking team together. May God continue to guide and direct you.

    ReplyDelete