"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Timing is everything

  As my friends leave for Romania today, I don't feel sadness... but excitement and joy. Knowing there must be a reason I'm not flying over the ocean right now (why wouldn't I be???). In the last couple of years, I've learned to give my dreams over to God because I realize He is bigger than my dreams, and He wants to do more through me than what I initially thought. I knew the timing wasn't great; that I couldn't stay as long as I wanted, that there are other details that need to be worked out. I love how freeing it feels to let this one go, and not sit in heartache that I can't be there, but know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has amazing plans for me, and they must be pretty awesome. So I look forward to the future, not wishing for what could have been, but hopeful and excited for what is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment