"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hope & Peace.

  This work is so hard, yet it is rewarding. To be able to build relationships with the girls on the street is probably one of the hardest things I have ever done. The emotional ups and downs of relationship... the patient building of trust, and discernment that it takes to speak into their lives. I am continually finding my hope in Jesus, because if I try to do this work on my own, I am screwed.I find peace in Him, knowing that even if I do mess up, there is grace, and ultimately, He is in control. My only hope is that by His grace, I will continue to be faithful, and discerning, and through His work in me, there will be fruit. I am relentless in praying for salvation and freedom for these girls, and have the faith that it will be accomplished. I've witnessed it myself! I've seen girls come into relationship with Jesus, leave the life, be enveloped by the family of God. That alone is worth all of the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual attack that this work brings. I long for my eternal home, where there will be no pain, suffering, or death... but until then, I will continue to "fight the good fight," having hope and peace in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment