"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Called To Intercede

  Is there ever a time when someone comes to your mind who you haven't thought of in awhile, and you're not sure why you are thinking of them then? I kind of wonder if that isn't the Holy Spirit prompting us to pray for that particular person, at that particular time.

  Working with girls on the streets has caused me to rely on God in a different way than I've had to before. In a way that I imagine Moses' mother must have had to trust that God had a plan for her son, and she trusted Him enough to let her infant take a ride down a river in hopes that he would be safe. She ultimately entrusted him to God, not knowing what would happen to her baby. 

  There are certain areas of certain streets that will trigger a memory of a girl we've seen/talked to/prayed for, and whenever I pass those places, I pray for those girls, entrusting them to Jesus, taking comfort in the fact that He is pursuing them when I can't, He loves them more than I ever could, and He is the only one who can ultimately rescue them. I am grateful for knowing those girls exist because I know I am called to intercede for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment