"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Monday, June 14, 2010

Bigger Than Me

  I've known since I was a teenager that I would always be apart of something great. My name would never be known - which is completely OK with me! - but a movement, or force, or whatever you want to call it, would be in motion and I would have a big part in that movement. I've known since I was a little girl that I have a DESTINY and an incredible calling on my life. (BTW, everyone has an incredible calling on their life, and if you are feeling like you don't, or are feeling worthless, then you are being LIED to!) Something bigger than me. God has been revealing more and more to me that it's really all about Him - that I am just a willing vessel. I've always been a bit overwhelmed with all of that... I mean, I'm just one little person, how can all this come from me? From a "yes"? But it's very evident that God has had a plan for my life from the get-go (Jer. 29:11)

  A group of close friends came together to pray specifically for me and this trip, and a reocurring theme was that God was going to bring healing through me. It was a confirmation of something that had been stirring in my heart already, and it was so exciting to hear again and again the word "healing" come out through others' prayers. God has revealed to me specific faces of children that are under the influence of dark spiritual forces, who He wants to deliver from that. The orphanage that I will be going to has a lot of children with mental & physical disabilities, and I believe that God wants to pour out His healing on that place! And again - it's so not about me, but what He wants to do through me. He's had a heart for these kids before they were even in existence... before even the world was in existence! And it just amazes me that He wants me to be apart of this. Apart of their destiny.

1 comment:

  1. I praise God that you are responding to His calling! It's so beautiful that you have His heart for orphans. God WILL use you in powerful ways. He WILL use you as a conduit of healing in these children.

    ReplyDelete