"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm here!

Well, I made it to Romania safe and sound... what an adventure! From the taxi drive who spoke no English to walking around the city looking for a decent place to eat, I finally made it. Last night was my first night staying at the Emmaus Home. I have my own room with an extra bed, so I wonder if Bernadette will be sneaking in sometimes to sleep with me! Some of the boys made me braceletes out of yarn. I feel accepted already! Today we go to pick up the rest of the children from visiting their families. I get to see Bernadette, or Berny as they call her, and her other siblings. The team from Chucks church is amazing. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people in my first week.



I am trying to learn Hungarian, but oh my gosh... its not easy. Lets just leave it at that.

Living in the orphanage, I know I will be seeing a lot. My prayer request would be that I would be discerning enough to know what is a legitimate need, and what is simply a luxury. Shower curtains, for example may be nice and something I take for granted, but they dont seem to care. Soap and toilet paper however, are much more of a necessity. Thank you Jesus for putting it on my mind to bring my own!! I know I could be staying at a hotel, or even sleeping on Eszthers couch, but I would not have it any other way. I will be living just a few short weeks what they have lived almost every day of their lives, and I am priviledged to see just a glimpse into their lives.

Vacation Bible school camp starts Tuesday! Pray that the childrens hearts are open to Jesus during this time.

Love from Romania and Emmaus,

Chariti

No comments:

Post a Comment