"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Friday, June 4, 2010

With a simple "yes"

  I haven't written in a while because I have been left speechless.

  Just looking at the pictures of the kids from last year's trip makes my heart skip a beat. I am going to be with them for 5 weeks!!!!! That is a long enough time to establish relationship, and certainly enough time for me to get attached and not want to come back. That is a given, but to say that I am prepared for that is a stretch.

  I am speechless because I am so amazed at what God can accomplish with a simple "yes". From the day I said "yes" to God, my life has changed and I have had the amazing opportunity to touch other people's lives. God desires to encounter us and for us in turn to show others His love and mercy. What a priviledge to be a messenger of that love. And not only that, but to see people's lives change right before your eyes - I love that! I have faith that miracles WILL happen there. Not so that I can be looked at as some super spiritual person, but because I KNOW that God wants to do it! All because I live my life saying YES to Jesus. Whatever it is, yes I will do it!

  I am prepared for God to stretch me. I am also prepared for Him to change me. It always happens when I set out to serve someone, I always get blown away by how much I get blessed. I want to see people set free, healed, and touched by the love of Jesus. I want Him to change me from the inside out. Even more than He already has.

  Would you please join me in prayer that God will soften the hearts of people enough for them to let Him touch them? Will you pray that they will say "yes" to the move of God. Would you ask Him to till the soil so that it will be ready for the Holy Spirit to come in and grow the seeds I will plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment