"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Sunday, January 24, 2010

destiny...calling...trust.

Today was a crazy emotional day like the ones girls tend to have. Only this time, it definitely wasn't hormones. God has been working in my heart a lot the last couple of days. You see, there's this little trip this summer that I would really like to take, in an obscure European country called Romania that my very being has inexplainably fallen in love with. And today, with people who are going this summer, I shared a little bit of my heart for Romania, and some stories of my experiences there. Of course, I couldn't get through it without crying a little. What is crazy is that I met a person today who, about 2 minutes after meeting me, says to me, "You have an incredible calling on your life," and with tears in her eyes, "I am so honored to meet you!" I was completely blown away. I have never had a complete stranger speak (not even pray - just speak!) less than 4 sentences to me, that touched my very core so deeply. She was an amazing woman of God, and spoke with such wisdom and discernment that I felt so completely comfortable around her, and instantly drawn to her. Everything she said was confirmation of what God has been speaking to me for the last several years. And what I've been learning is that there is nothing I can do to "mess up" the plans He has for me! There's no wrong choice, or missed chance that could ever happen to deter me from the path that will lead me to my destiny. I am called by God! I have been chosen. My fear that I may not make it to Romania this year, is not from God. If God wants me there, it will happen... if it's not the right time, He'll close the door. Giving my desires back to Him is the hardest thing I've ever had to do! It's a whole new level of trust.

Whatever God has in store for my future, it's got to be amazing if even a perfect stranger can see it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the last sentence on your post, "Whatever God has in store for my future, it's got to be amazing".

    PS. Our mission group is also praying for guidance from God on where to go this summer, Moldova or Oltenia. I'll be praying for you too that you will be able to go to Romania and fulfill your calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete