"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Introduction

I like to think of this blog as a combination of my heart for Romania, and my newfound passion for writing. If you are wondering what "Culori vibrante" means, I'll save you the trouble of googling it and let you in on the secret. It is Romanian for "vibrant colors." A little over a year ago, God gave me a vision for Romania. While visiting this country in the spring of 2009, I realized that Romania is full of picturesque countrysides, gorgeous architecture, and beautiful people inside and out. But the world - more specifically Europe's - view of Romania is tarnished by its history of communism that plagued its people for 40 years. In many ways, the people are still influenced by their history, but I believe that one day, they will rise up and truly become the people that God created them to be. And that is where my vision comes in.

Isaiah 58:11 says "The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen our frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." After God gave me that scripture, He gave me a picture of a garden full of beautiful flowers. A garden and spring nourishes and blesses everything around it, bringing life and color. And that was a picture of what God wanted me to be - a garden, a symbol of life. Bringing God's love and joy to the people of Romania. That was not just to me specifically, for as Christians, we are all supposed to bring the love of God to all corners of the world. It was more an encouragement that although the world looks at Romania as being bleak and colorless, God will bring restoration and healing, and I will have just a small part in that process.

He has showed me a lot of other things that I will save for future entries. For now, thank you for reading this, and please follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment