"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Friday, July 30, 2010

Casa Dorca

  Casa Dorca is an orphanage in Prilipet, a village about an hour away from Resita. I got to spend time with my "adopted" brothers there. From my time there last year, I was instantly drawn to these amazing kids. They show such a pure integrity and compassion of heart that I know comes through a genuine relationship with God. I instantly felt at home with them, and fell in love with them all over again. There are mostly all pre-teen to teenagers at Casa Dorca, and though they occasionally get in fights like any normal family would, you can tell they truly care about one another. I was very impressed by how the older boys treated the younger children. They are excellent role models, and I am so proud of them! I was so blessed to spend the whole week with them... I already miss them though. It was very hard to leave!

  After a week with them, I accompanied them to their camp for just one day. As the day went on, I felt like God was speaking to me about a spirit of depression and loneliness among some of the kids in the camp. After conversations I had, and observations I made, I felt like I should speak with Charlie, the leader of the camp, about it. We prayed together, and then later that night he had me share with the whole group what was on my heart. I also sang a song and played the piano after much coaxing from the kids.

  Charlie had mentioned to me before that when people come to visit the orphanages, and then don't come back, it's almost like the children are being abandoned all over again. I hope that even though I don't live with them permanently, that I will have made even a small difference in their life, and that the fact that I came back a second time to see them means I truly care about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment