"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Monday, July 26, 2010

Not your ordinary trip to Costco

  My week in Timisoara was almost like a vacation... we walked around the center, went shopping (still haven't find those perfect white shoes to go with that summer dress I bought), went swimming, and just umm... relaxed a lot. It's so against my nature to feel unproductive. I can't do it. I think I might be addicted to busy-ness... is that a real thing?? I think so. Especially for Americans. But I think it's funny that I came here for ministry purposes, and God decides to give me a rest. I know He did a lot in my heart during that time, but at the time it was quite frustrating. The last day I was there however, I met a group of people from Germany who come every year and buy groceries and supplies for Casa Sperantie and Casa Otniel, and I was able to help them out with that. Growing up in a family of 6, my mom went to Costco once a month and stocked up. This trip to a Romanian-esque Costco was nothing like that! At one point, I found myself pushing a cart full of frozen chickens. I was very amused by the looks I got. I just kept laughing to myself.. which probably made me look even more crazy. 

  At Casa Otniel, it was such a joy to watch the children unload the goods, and see the looks on their faces at all the food they knew was for them! Even though I only had a small part in helping out, it was a tremendous feeling to be apart of that. It made it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment