"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thank you Jesus

This week we are in Praid (or Prajd), in the salt mines. I am amazed that Romanians would pay 40 lei (which equals about $12 which is nothing for us, but 40 lei on their income is a lot) for an indoor playground and exercise program, which is basically just stretching for one hour. I thought it would be more of a tourist attraction or museum of some sort, but no. Lots of swings, see-saw's, ping-pong tables and open spaces to play. And big bouncy toys and mazes, but for pay! It's kinda funny.

I have learned a lot about myself, the Lord, and a little bit of Hungarian! I am going to have to start making a list of every time I say "thank you, Jesus" for the littlest things...

This morning, I woke up later on purpose, so I could shower while the children were eating breakfast. One bathroom for 27 kids! You think sharing with your roommate or family is hard?? Try that. I came out of my room - another "thank you Jesus" moment, I was provided my own room! - and Eszter asks me if I would like to use her shower in her room. That little thing made my day! It was nice and clean, as opposed to the children's, as you can imagine. I just love how God shows me He is looking out for me, and cares about the littlest things.

It's going to be hard to leave these kids, I will have been with them basically non-stop for 3 weeks when I leave on Monday, but I am excited to see my friends in Timisoara. They speak good English, which it is a shame that none of the children speak good enough English to have in-depth conversations. I want to know their struggles and how to pray for them, and encourage them. I will let my prayers be enough, and pray for the spiritual mothers and fathers who will and are walking alongside them.

Another "thank you Jesus" moment: thank you Jesus for giving me a place to hideaway from the children and write and upload pics without little faces crowding me. Amen.

Until next time I have Internet, szia (pronounced: SEE-ya... pretty easy to remember!)

No comments:

Post a Comment