"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." -Proverbs 31:8-9

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Reflections/funeral/Ilona

The vacation Bible school camp the LCC group put together. First of all, I was very impressed by them. Such a great group of (mostly women!) who have such big hearts and a love and passion for Jesus. I was very blessed for that to be my first week here. They were a big encouragement.

I am also very encouraged by a couple of the children who I remember from last year to be... somewhat difficult. Those were the ones who were excitedly answering Bible questions, and just the sweetest kids ever! I know that God has a special grace for me to be in this place, because feelings of discouragement from last year are being replaced with hope!

Some bad news, but also good in some way, is that Bernadette's grandmother passed away. The good part of that is that I am grateful to be here for her during this time, even if she may not understand completely what is going on. I hope that she will have memories of happiness with me while all this is going on.Her siblings loved her dearly and also seemed to be the one taking the most care of them during their home visits, so I am afraid for what may happen to them in the home when they go back to visit their family on holidays. I entrust them to God, and pray... that is all I can do.

The good news is that my little girl Ilona, Bernie's sister, will be in the orphanage in September! I have been praying for this little girl for over a year now, and the other day saw her smiling and laughing and playing with me! I am so thankful that God has kept her safe for this long, and even more excited that she will find a home at Emmaus with her siblings!



No comments:

Post a Comment